Following sold out presentations over the last four years, Claudia will return to the Fourth Stage to interpret a selection of love songs from Latin America in her new show ORIGENES. Also in this 5th anniversary presentation, Claudia, her band and her invited guests will celebrate the folk origins of Latin American music, treating the audience to a taste of traditional instruments and compositions.
A portion of the proceeds from these shows will be donated to “Casa Taller Las Moyas” in Colombia.
Tickets are currently on sale:
• By phone: 1-888-991-2787
• NAC Box Office: 53 Elgin Street, from Monday to Saturday 10am to 9pm
• Ticketmaster: http://www.ticketmaster.ca/artist/1598750?lang=en-ca&brand=nac&_ga=1.171095392.155572005.1386460011
• Directly through Juan-Luis Vasquez at: 613-680-4560
1. Piano: Sylvio Modolo (Brazil)
2. Guitar: Izzy Martinez (Mexico)
3. Flutes: Luis Abanto (Peru)
4. Sax: Jasmin Lalande (Canada)
5. Trumpet: Paul Doyle (Canada)
6. Trombone: Matthieu Mikando (Togo)
7. Bass: Ken Seeley (Canada)
8. Drums and Percussion: Alvaro de Minaya (Chile)
9. Percussion: JL Vasquez (Chile)
For additional information:
Latin American music is renowned by its rich mix of poetic content and exuberant harmonies all of which sets the stage for an intimate evening of evocative and romantic melodies interpreted in Spanish.
Join us in April for ORIGENES with Claudia and her band!
Here are some random thoughts that I love to Share...